op Ten Tuesdays are a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. The topic of November 17, 2015 is: Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So.
Here are the top ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So
1. Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas | Celaena Sardothien
“I like music,” she said slowly, “because when I hear it, I . . . I lose myself within myself, if that makes any sense. I become empty and full all at once, and I can feel the whole earth roiling around me. When I play. I’m not . . . for once, I’m not destroying, I’m creating.”
— Sarah J. Maas (Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass, #1))
2. Divergent by Veronica Roth | Tris Prior
“Now there are no reassurances except that where I go, I go because I choose to.”
3. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins | Katniss Everdeen
4. Eragon by Christopher Paolini
I am devoting quotes 5-8 to quotes from Cassandra Clare’s books because she has a lot of humor sprinkled throughout her books.
5. City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare | Isabelle Lightwood and Jace Herondale
“That does it,” said Jace. “I’m going to get you a dictionary for Christmas this year.”
“Why?” Isabelle said.
“So you can look up ‘fun.’ I’m not sure you know what it means.”
— Cassandra Clare (City of Ashes (The Mortal Instruments, #2))
6. City of Lost Souls by Cassandra Clare | Clary Fray, the Seelie Queen, Alec Lightwood, Isabelle Lightwood, and Simon Lewis
“I’ve noticed the Fair Folk often say ‘perhaps’ when there is a truth they want to hide,” Clary said. “It keeps you from having to give a straight answer.”
“Perhaps so,” said the Queen with an amused smile.
“‘Mayhap’ is a good word too,” Alec suggested.
“Also ‘perchance,'” Izzy said.
“I see nothing wrong with ‘maybe’,” said Simon. “A little modern, but the gist of the idea comes across.”
— Cassandra Clare (City of Lost Souls (The Mortal Instruments, #5))
7. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare | Isabelle Lightwood and Jace Herondale
8. City of Bones by Cassandra Clare | Isabelle Lightwood
“I forgot that’s what gets you all hot and bothered, Jace, girls killing things.”
“I like anyone killing things, especially me.” he said with a smile.”
— Cassandra Clare (City of Bones (The Mortal Instruments, #1))
9. Winterspell by Claire Legrand | Clara Stole
10. The Prisoner’s Dilemma by Trenton Lee Stewart | Kate Wetherall and Reynie Muldoon
“Now listen, we need to be quiet as mice. No, quieter than that. As quiet as . . . as . . .”
“Dead mice?” Reynie suggested.
“Perfect,” said Kate with an approving nod. “As quiet as dead mice.”
— Trenton Lee Stewart (The Mysterious Benedict Society and the Prisoner’s Dilemma (The Mysterious Benedict Society, #3))