Thank you to Raven @ Dreamy Addictions for tagging me to do The Character Book Tag–I had a lot of fun doing it 🙂 This tag was created by Jeremysepicreads and MariaMuses and originally a BookTube tag. You can find the original tag videos here and here.
- Pick 10 books off of your bookshelf.
- You must own the books.
- You must have read the books.
- No e-book versions.
- You can only use each book once to answer one question.
Note: I cheat and sometimes ignore this rule for some of the questions.
10 Random Books I Selected Off My Bookshelf
1. Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
2. City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare
3. The Death Cure by James Dashner
4. Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling
5. Heir of Fire by Sarah J. Maas
6. The House of Hades by Rick Riordan
7. The Mysterious Benedict Society by Trenton Lee Stewart
8. Trial by Fire by Josephine Angelini
9. Specials by Scott Westerfield
10. Winterspell by Claire Legrand
CAUTION: SPOILER ALERT, if you’ve not read any of the above 10 books.
1. Who is the best kick-ass character?
Who is the most kick-ass character? How am I possibly supposed to choose? There’s Isabelle Lightwood, Clary Fray, Teresa Agnes, Hermione Granger, Celaena Sardothien, Annabeth, Reyna, Lily Proctor (Trial by Fire), Tally, Shay, and Clara Stole (Winterspell). Hmm, if I were to narrow the list down I’d have: Isabelle Lightwood, Celaena Sardothien, and Clara Stole–all of them are amazing and strong female protagonists, but for the purpose of the question I’ll choose Clara.
2. Which character do you most dislike?
Ooh, that’s a hard one. I love most of the books on this list, but I thought there were some annoying characters. I disliked Lenina Crowne (Brave New World), Nicholas (Winterspell), Fleur Delacour, and Thomas (The Maze Ruunner.) In the end I’d have to say, Lenina (Highlight for Spoiler: Her character appears to be rather insane and annoyed me.)
3. If you could date any fictional character who would it be and why?
I’ve never wanted to date any fictional character.
4. If you could change a character in any way what would it be?
If I could change a character in any way, it would be Thomas. At the end of The Death Cure, I was really wishing Thomas would die because of (Hightlight for Spoiler: of how he treats Teresa even though she does everything possible to save his life until her death.)
5. What character to you made all of the wrong choices that didn’t add anything to the book?
I cannot recall an instance in any of these books where the author had a character make a wrong decision that didn’t add anything to the story.
6. Out of the five books (you have left?) which character was the best villain whom you love to hate?
Out of all ten books, I’d say that I hated Sebastian Morgenstern from City of Heavenly Fire the most. Those who have read this book will know why.
7. Favorite sidekick character with the most heart?
My favorite sidekick character with the most heart would be Asterin (the Blackbeak witch and Manon’s Second from Throne of Glass.) She’s very passionate and strong willed who also has an interesting history, which is revealed in Queen of Shadows. She also has a very strong relationship with Manon and manages be a good Second and loyal friend at the same time.
8. What is your favorite fictional romantic relationship?
9. What character did you think was the strongest?
Strongest as in physically strong? If that’s the case, then I’d say either Celaena, Clara, Tally, Manon, or Sebastian Morgenstern (City of Heavenly Fire–who I hated). In the end though, I think Celaena or Sebastian were the strongest because they can both fight well using magic and physical weapons. However I think in a fight Celaena would win because she’s Celaena and she’s half Fae. Also in Heir of Fire, Celaena defeats the Valg princes, which are kind of like Sebastian because they’re demons who dislike light.
10. Best protagonist?
Best protagonist in my opinion would be Lily Proctor from Trial by Fire because of how dynamic she is as a character and the dramatic growth she goes through.
Note: This post was previously published before it was ready , so I apologize for the confusion.
- Tasha @ The Bookie Monsters
- Your Daughter’s Bookshelf
- Claire @ Art and Soul
- The Quirky Book Nerd
- My Bookish Dream
- Calliope the Book Goddess
- Clayton the Page Turner
- Susanne Valenti
- Nya Reads
- Kendra @ Reads and Treats
- Caroline Peckham
Feel free to disregard this if you’ve already done this or not interested.
Hope you enjoy the tag! 🙂