Welcome to Top Ten Tuesdays: a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. The topic of January 26, 2016 is a freebie, so…I decided to go with the topic of top ten characters I wouldn’t want to meet while they’re angry or in a bad mood.
1. Aelin Galathynius from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas: Topping the list is Aelin from Throne of Glass. Those who have read the series can attest to how, er, violent Aelin can be when she’s moody.
2. Valentine Morgenstern from The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare: Running a close second: Valentine Morgenstern. He’s already an (insane) fanatic to begin with, so when he’s in an exceptionally poor mood–which usually happens when one of his lackeys fails in their assignment–he would probably go on a murderous tangent.
3. Professor Snape from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling: Although not as violent as Aelin and Valentine, Snape appears to be throughout the entire series in a perpetual bad mood. So when he’s in an even worse mood than usual…
4. Dolores Umbridge from the Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling: Another extremely unpleasant character who does not have a pleasant disposition to begin with…
5. Queen Levana from The Lunar Chronicles by Marissa Meyer: Throughout Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress, Levana has shown herself to be very talented at throwing temper tantrums, which usually involve threatening to invade Earth, so I definitely wouldn’t want to be around her when she’s angry/in a bad mood. Also since she’s Lunar, I would not want my bioelectricity manipulated.
6. Adelina from The Young Elites series by Marie Lu: Towards the end of book Adelina’s steep descent into darkness as part of her gift, she becomes very violent, very often. Adelina’s power is also similar to Levana’s from The Lunar Chronicles and her self-restraint isn’t much better than Levana’s either.
7. Teacup from The 5th Wave trilogy by Rick Yancey: This may seem like an odd choice since Teacup is a seven-year-old. But Teacup is also a somewhat crazy seven-year-old trained in combat in this post-apocalyptic world and she also happens to be very belligerent and gung-ho about fighting.
8. Manon Blackbeak from the Throne of Glass series by Sarah J. Maas: How could I have forgotten Manon for so long? Manon, like Aelin, is very deadly and good at fighting, so I definitely wouldn’t want to be around her when she’s in a bad mood or angry, like Iskra.
That’s it for my Top Ten Tuesday, but I’m sure that there are many more characters who I would want to avoid while they’re in unpleasant moods. What characters would you not want to meet while they’re in a bad mood? What topic did you pick for your Top Ten Tuesday freebie? Feel free to post a link to your TTT in a comment! 🙂